Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A guild key ring anyone ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Default A guild key ring anyone ?

I have proposed to make a guild keyring to generate a bit of cash for the guild. So was wondering whether people thought this was a good idea. This thread will collect up some posts on the mini mount thread and move them to here...

@tilt: There is something... we looked at doing a guild keyring and I thought it would be cool to make it into one of those hot wax seal pressing things where you can scroll up your map and then put a guild seal on it. So I came up with the image below except that people didn't think the G was gonna be dynamic or punchy enough and CLs thought that a compass rose would be better. The guild logo compass is a bit too fiddly but you did some neat artwork recently with a selection of them. Do you think one of them would look good on a keyring as seal print thing. I didn't have any red wax so I... er... tried it on some cheese out of the microwave... Anyway - the idea works But this is obviously a commercial thing going on here to skim some money off the profit line for the guild w.r.t CC licensed and copyright etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keyring1.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	846.9 KB 
ID:	25439   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Keyring2.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	441.1 KB 
ID:	25440  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-05-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Putting the header post at top...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would be honored to supply a compass for that noble project ... and cheese.. .Had me laughing there... and ewww.. looks bad, but don't like cheese in any shape or color.
    What size and dpi should it be? and how thin lines will work?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

Well, something bold rather than fiddly works better. The thinness of the lines is an issue. I can go very thin if the cutter is cutting either side of the line but it gouging out the line then its actually quite thick - about 1.5mm which sounds thin but actually isn't. We want the compass rose to be raised up so were cutting away around it. So this means we can do sharp point to the compass points but not pointy recesses near the center. The whole thing is only about 35mm across so there's not much room for being too creative. The G there is about 28mm across. So if you think you can come up with something that can fit with a 1.5mm cutter chewing it away then great or we can modify one of the ones you have posted recently. As for size / dpi - doesn't really matter as ill transcribe it into the cutter format manually. I may make a new thread for these posts.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

That is a fantastic idea.

Blog Entries

This one is based on tilt's design. Is this one any better ?

Name:	Keyring_CG.png 
Views:	50 
Size:	624.1 KB 
ID:	25552  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it, but it looks like the 'G' is backward?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Yeah, when you turn it over and look at it from the shiny side then the C is backwards and G is right way around. When pressed into wax then the C would be the one backwards. Maybe we should drop letters all together !??

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Unless it can be 're-engineered' to show the letters the same way and still look good.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I can only cut one side but I'm open to ideas ? If you have any then we can ping pong some emails and try it out.

Edit - pic of both sides. Normally they aren't quite so white but the flash has highlighted them a bit.

Name:	TiltRealBothSides.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	660.7 KB 
ID:	25553  
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-05-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can do a G the right way too - just liked the shape of the letters this way - had a certain flow to it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast