Thread: World of Belmyr - Regional Flavours

Map World of Belmyr - Regional Flavours

Valdarhame - Home of the Valdar
    An island kingdom of thick pine forests. A mountainous spine bisects the island and low hills rise in the south. Home to a sea-faring people based on the Viking culture. They are fair skinned and red or blond hair is common, together with blue, grey or green eyes. They are expert sailsmen and possess the war and trade ships of the Viking race. They are also a race of warriors and they share their island home with formidable foes such as Ogres, Giants, Trolls and Ettins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valdarhame.gif 
Views:	97 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	1280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ValdarhamePlayer.gif 
Views:	71 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	1281  
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Map

Gwaelydd Pensinsula
    The Gwaelydd Peninsula is a land of forests and low hills. In the east, there are the Kharak Mountains. In the mountains, there are two dwarven cities. In the hills surrounding the mountains, there are human mining communities. More human communities stretch across the forested plains to the east of the mountains. The people of the Gwaelydd Peninsula are warriors and poets. The men are usually clean-shaven or moustached. The women are considered equal to men, with responsibility over the household. The Gaelic folk are fair skinned, but all hair and eye colours are common.

Name:	Caighyr.gif 
Views:	68 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	1283   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CaighyrPlayer.gif 
Views:	65 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	1284  
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Nice CC images! If you could save those as png or jpeg instead of gif, the colors would be a lot smoother and easier on the eyes with a lot less noise.

I like the one on the left myself.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Looking great!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Wip

Hanrath
    Hanrath occupies the lowlands to the south and west of the Alar mountains. The people of Hanrath are an olive skinned folk who settled the region before the elven civil wars. They are a serious people who place great emphasis on personal honour. Hair colour tends toward dark brown or black. Eye colour is usually a shade of brown.

Name:	Thrace.GIF 
Views:	68 
Size:	230.4 KB 
ID:	1285  

The posts are examples of the GM map and Player map styles for the various regions of my D&D campaign world. The styles of maps have changed over the years and I keep going back to them. I'm in the midst of changing the syles for CC3. I agree that the PNG images are smoother, but they're also bigger and I'm having some difficulty uploading at the moment. I quite like the rough noise effect on the player maps.
    Last edited by Valarian; 10-29-2007 at 05:05 PM.

Very Nice.

One small critique (and this is so small as being almost insignificat). I love the application of a texture to eveything to make it appear to be on canvass, but on some (The Dm's Map I believe), is to keep the texture off the Border/Frame unsless the border is supposed to be painted as well.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave