Thread: June Entry: The Sacred Forest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip June Entry: The Sacred Forest

Hi, folks. New the boards, and new to mapping, and figured how better to learn than try a challenge? And what fun!

So here's The Sacred Forest from the movie "Princess Mononoke", or what I have of it so far. I'll be putting in Iron Town, the sacred grotto, Moro's den, the Ape Tribe, and other locations. Perhaps event locations, too, such as the Battle of the Boar Gods.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Krulwich Entry.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	26374
    Last edited by Immolate; 06-28-2010 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Re-added "### Latest WIP ###"

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks good, so far; great textures. You may want to make it higher-resolution, though, and attach it rather than in-line it. Just little technical details Also, don't forget to put ### Latest WIP ### at the end of your posts when you attach your wip's; that way the challenge thumbnailer can pick it up.

Good luck with the challenge!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Krulwich, welcome to the guild, looking good so far (although I don't know the story) - have some rep for your first upload
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Eep--egg on my face! I'll be sure to offer a higher res image on my next WIP post.

tilt--thanks for the rep! I don't really know what it is, but it sounds sweet!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

First off - Welcome Aboard!

Great to see a new member jump right into a challenge, I have added the "### Latest WIP ###", that Gidde mentioned, to your initial image.

'Rep' or reputation is a method within the board's software to acknowledge work/ideas you feel are exceptional. You can grant reputation to someone by clicking the 'Sheriff Badge'/Star icon at the bottom of one of their posts. The amount of 'rep' you give is related to how much existing 'rep' you have as well as # of posts (and maybe some other things I'm forgetting )
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Great stuff! More please!
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery