Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dal Lands

UPDATE!

The green is gone, at least for now , in the meantime I've put in all of the mountains. Now I'm looking into improving my rather simple parchment texture and reducing the overall memory size of the piece, it went from being very small at high settings to large at medium settings, ouch. The mountain brushes are not of my creation are the brushes that vhailor27 made from Ramah's map, all credit goes to those two artists.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dal Lands WIP.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	3.62 MB 
ID:	25600  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good.. and those mountains of Ramah are damn beautiful, no wonder so many use them ... and no river violations either - eventhough I had to look closely at one place to follow the flows, but everything is ok - and thank you for removing the greeeeeeen *LOL*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That's a good looking start dude. I didn't spot any River Violations and the lack of green is nicer on the eyes... at least until the giant blocks of colour are broken up more by adding in the details.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Do not worry, the green will be back, MWUHAHAHAHAHA >:)

In the meantime, update!. I've put in the hills and reduce the map by a quarter of it's size to reduce the overall memory size of the map, really did the trick. Next I'll be redoing the rivers and putting in the forests. More to come soon.

-D-

Views:	77 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	25647  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Blog Entries

still looking good - thats a lot of hills you've got there... got'a rest that hand soon *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

No update, just a note. This map is being put on hold, the style is still new to me and will take some time before I've gotten the hang of it and experimented with it. Until then I'm moving towards some other maps using my more succesful style, I like what did with the Dominion of Sorres and hope to replicate that kind of look again.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

BEWARE, the green is back, well sort of. Taken off hold for the moment.

Heres the last of land-based planning, the dark green are pine forests, the light green is deciduous forests, the yellow green is grassland and the light blue is marshland. Still not sure about the forests up near the territories of the Daesurru and Sunnuku. On that note I've drawn in the rough borders of the clans, the areas with a black dots represent areas not controlled by the Dal. Note a typo, Dae-sunnu on the map is supposed to be Daesurru

The other two pics are the symbols for each of the dominions. The first one is the hand-drawn version, the symbols that will appear along with this map, the second one are the symbols that will appear along with the maps of the individual dominions that I'll do later down the track.

More to come soon.

-D-

Views:	106 
Size:	4.23 MB 
ID:	25994   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clan Symbols HDV.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	916.9 KB 
ID:	25993   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clan Symbols DV.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	916.8 KB 
ID:	25992  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Blog Entries

very nice symbols ... and the map is still looking good ... it was a short pause you took
    regs tilt

Yes it was a short pause. The main reason I paused is becuase I couldn't figure out to get the automatic forester to work the way I wanted, well that just changed so the Dal lands should have a sudden tree explosion very soon.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

TREE OVERLOAD!

I've put down all the trees and now I'm going back to cleanup and, unfortunately, redo the hills which i can butchered by accident.

-D-

Views:	68 
Size:	4.34 MB 
ID:	26001  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast