Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Dal Lands

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm getting tired on your behalf... thats a lot of trees... they look a little uniform/patterned in some places, but that will probably be better after your clean up
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The symbols look very good. I'm anxious to see how they will fit in the map.

Um... EEEEEP
    Thar be TREEZ!

Other than the very "grid-like" arrangement... *blinks* there are probably as many trees on this map as there is in my Neoseilthir map... I feel your tree pain. Just remember to feel mine with the "every tree put in by hand" aspect! :S
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Okay, looking a little better now. I went back and redid the forests and hills using different settings this time around, a much better coverage than before. Now I need to go back and delete trees and hills that overlap with each other and then I'll get down to experimenting with colour. But before then I have to find a good way to show marshlands and to break up those large areas of black space.

@Juggernaut - all trees by hand? Ouch, I feel your pain, you, sir, have some major patience and commintment, bravo.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dal Lands WIP.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	4.72 MB 
ID:	26021  
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Trees look better in this last version, though I don't think the stark, black labels really go well with the color scheme.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Don't worry, this is not the colour scheme I'm going with, those black labels are just placeholders for later.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking much better now... in the olden days, I did swamp with a few vertical "straws" sticking up of some horizontal lines (hand drawn), sometimes with some small circles/blotches here and there...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

UPDATE!

Clean up the forests and hills as best i could, put down the marshes, redid the rivers and borders, marked down the locations of all cities and towns and coloured the map. Next, labelling all the settlements, already named the capital cities and the settlements in the Dominion of Sorres.

-D-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Dal Lands WIP.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	26047  

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looking good, man. I noticed you've got some kind of weird layer issue with part of the forest at the very top/central edge of the map.

If you're reffering to the areas that have been blacked out they're supposed to be like that, they are areas that are not controlled by the Dal.

-D-

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast