Thread: Don't count the chars in the signature please :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Don't count the chars in the signature please :)

I punked RobA some time ago about the possibilty of not counting characters when you make the signature. Now, I know he and Arcana have been busy getting everything to work - kudos to them - and it looks like everything is running smothly again... so now I discreetly tap them on the shoulder with my small issue

The problem is that since the signature counts the HTML characters as well if you have a handfull of links you run out of text quickly. My signature below is the max size I can have right now and I would like to link to more stuff

And if there is concerns about people having to large signatures, then we could use an honor system off max 5 lines or 80 pixels (just an example) to keep it "discreet" - I see no problems in this forum with people respecting that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    I punked RobA some time ago about the possibilty of not counting characters when you make the signature. Now, I know he and Arcana have been busy getting everything to work - kudos to them - and it looks like everything is running smothly again... so now I discreetly tap them on the shoulder with my small issue

The problem is that since the signature counts the HTML characters as well if you have a handfull of links you run out of text quickly. My signature below is the max size I can have right now and I would like to link to more stuff

And if there is concerns about people having to large signatures, then we could use an honor system off max 5 lines or 80 pixels (just an example) to keep it "discreet" - I see no problems in this forum with people respecting that

I've increased the non-displayed character lmit, but the visible limit is still set at 500 (Which should be more than enough... mine has 411 in it).

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

yipeeee... thanks Rob, don't think I'll reach your sig size for some years yet
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

Yeah I burnt my chars so made up an image of all the static text. Its a problem for the links tho I agree. This is something that could be partially sorted with a script but I have lost script access since the host move. Robs sig is pretty big tho so the new size is probably well enough.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure Rob's sig is a measure of what we mere mortals can do ... but the fact that only visible chars are counted should solve most peoples problems, its the links that "kills" the signature
    regs tilt

Blog Entries

have the system reverted to the old rules? ... cause I added a little text (se below) and now it says its to big ... I use 202 chars or 244 with spaces.

regs tilt
    :: My art on Deviant Art :: Catapult :: Perry & Gehrke ::
    :: Finished Maps :: WIP Breakwater - Market - Battle City - Twilight :: Competion maps NecroTower ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses ::
    regs tilt

Blog Entries

Any news on this oh masters of the guild?
    regs tilt

Blog Entries

thank you oh rob the great ... I'll try it within the hour
    regs tilt