Thread: Create Star Trek: ICED

Link Star Trek: Sector Guard

I'm a big time star trek fanboy, at least of the original series. And I would really like to see a new star trek series. So I started a Facebook page to see if i can find a bunch of other people that would also like a new show.

A show with a strong plot.
    A show without lazy writing and technobable.
    A show where the crew aren't a bunch of whiny #@%#$@.
    A show that gives you a good look at the rest of the Federation, not just Starfleet.

If you also want these things, click the link and like the page.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Star-T...30880246941966
    Last edited by someguy; 01-13-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

well.. joined the cause sounds like fun
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

How about from the Klingon perspective? That seems like some political intrigue with backstabbing and whatnot.

"To boldly go kick the crap out of who or whatever we find."

Wishing you success
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I use to think, when I bothered to think about such things, that they might do well to get away from Starfleet and rotate between different ships. A Klingon ship, a Ferrengi ship, maybe a civilian Federation ship, maybe Romulans. That way they could really help fill out their setting, have more variety, and use different storylines appropriate for different groups. The Klingons would be focused on battle and honor, the Ferrengi on profitable trade, etc. Then when they wanted a "special" episode, you'd have an easy gimmick in having two or more of the ships involved in one story.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I want to see a Tholian-based series.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    How about from the Klingon perspective? That seems like some political intrigue with backstabbing and whatnot.
    Oddly enough, I have actually contemplated that.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    I use to think, when I bothered to think about such things, that they might do well to get away from Starfleet and rotate between different ships. A Klingon ship, a Ferrengi ship, maybe a civilian Federation ship, maybe Romulans. That way they could really help fill out their setting, have more variety, and use different storylines appropriate for different groups. The Klingons would be focused on battle and honor, the Ferrengi on profitable trade, etc. Then when they wanted a "special" episode, you'd have an easy gimmick in having two or more of the ships involved in one story.
    The way I'm planning to format the show, It would have multiple story lines that are all over the Federation, Romulan, and Klingon space. Eventually people would start to see how the story lines touch, and eventually collide. Leading to the big story line conclusion in season 5.
    Last edited by someguy; 01-13-2011 at 02:52 PM.
    My current thread, Developing a plausible and functional system for Fantasy Economics in an rpg.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

5 is to unambitious.. 7 - thats more like it ... and then the boxes will fit nicely with my other boxes
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seven is the magic number at Paramount all the series since the original has seven year deals. unfortunately Enterprise was so bad that they didn't quite make it..
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.