Thread: True 3D battle map?

Guild Novice

Default True 3D battle map?

Have you all seen a true 3D battle map or have any suggestions on how I can make one? I am looking to create a battle map of the city of Loudwater where I acutally have walls and buildings to scale. I figured it's too large to have the whole thing in one sitting, so I may have to break it up into segments, but was looking for suggestions on how I could create this. I went looking for toys I could use as the buildings, but nothing I have found fits the scale. I think it would be ideal if there was some soft of map I could cut out and fold up or something.

Any suggestions?

Well companies like Fat Dragon Games and Profantasy offer printable to cardstock art that you cut up with an exacto knife, then glue at pre-defined placed to build paper models of walls, buildings and many other 3D objects for use in a true 3D battlemap. Plus there are railroad modelers items, though those are probably in the wrong time era than fantasy setting. Additionally there are many companies who create ceramic buildings, walls, objects that you need to paint. There is even companies that sell the ceramic powder and forms for you to make your own ceramic pieces as needed. I don't know how cost effective such are, but they do exist, and some of them look spectacular - from websites and seeing them at Gencon. There are many sources. I would just Google-fu 3D paper models and the like to see what's out there.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

there is also a thread inhere from a guy who made some 3D maps himself - but I'm guessing they weren't generic...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise