Thread: Inn

Map Inn

I originally created this for use as The Poison Apple Pub in a War of the Burning Sky campaign that we were going to run. I later found out that the campaign already came with map tiles to print off, and, unfortunately, the campaign never took off (double bummer). Now this gets used as generic deserted inn whenever we need one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pub.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	372.2 KB 
ID:	25700  
    Last edited by boognish; 06-09-2010 at 06:11 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

very nice inn, good colors - do you have it in higher resolution so it will print nice with 1 inch squares - cause I know people would appreciate that. And have some rep
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Member

I guess the deserted inn is a fitting place for a campaign that never got off the ground . However there is no shortage of players that would really like a DM of your artistic caliber (just in case). I have piles of papers that have deserted buildings etc. These piles are a mish mash that makes of my campaign stuff. I hope yours is not so different or that I am on the deep end of a bottomless gaming pit. Nice hand drawn map!

Quote Originally Posted by Riggamorphus View Post
    I guess the deserted inn is a fitting place for a campaign that never got off the ground . However there is no shortage of players that would really like a DM of your artistic caliber (just in case). I have piles of papers that have deserted buildings etc. These piles are a mish mash that makes of my campaign stuff. I hope yours is not so different or that I am on the deep end of a bottomless gaming pit. Nice hand drawn map!
    ha hmm.. I'm starting to feel a little under-appreciated by my players. I have all sorts of maps that I keep in a binder; some get used and some don't. The nice thing is you always have them around just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    very nice inn, good colors - do you have it in higher resolution so it will print nice with 1 inch squares - cause I know people would appreciate that.
    I didn't realize that this one wasn't set to the right dimensions. I almost couldn't find the original photoshop file. I didn't think to look in the most obvious spot, my campaign material folder. I'll go ahead and upload the right one.

I have uploaded the higher resolution image. I have printed this battlemap out before and the scale should be right, so if anybody has a problem with it just let me know and I will try and fix it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boognish View Post
    I have uploaded the higher resolution image. I have printed this battlemap out before and the scale should be right, so if anybody has a problem with it just let me know and I will try and fix it.
    it's not a problem, I was just asking if you had someting in higher resolution as higher resolution = nicer print ... so if you want to use the map, not only as a player handout but as a battlemap you can

Now a quick analysis of your map to show you what I'm talking about:
    Your map is 725 x 645 pixels
    If you want to print that with 1 inch squares (for battle map) then the printing resolution is 75 dpi - which is good enough for a screen (MS touch table anyone?) but which is only half of the quality needed for a ok printer.
    So if you want to print at ok quality go for 1500 x 1500 pixels for 10x10 inches
    If you want to print at nice quality go for 2000 x 2000 pixels for 10x10 inches
    and if you want to print professionally go for 3000x3000 pixels for 10x10 inches

as an example look at a battlemap I made of a backyard. The map is 11x11 inches at 300 dpi - which makes it 3300x3300 pixels
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Yeah, I see what you are talking about tilt. I took a look at the maps you've done, and they are done at high resolutions. I didn't ever plan on sharing these with anybody besides my D&D group so I didn't think to create them at a higher quality. If I ever create any battlemaps for people to use I will definitely take your suggestion and create them in higher resolutions. Thank you very much for the constructive criticism

Blog Entries

you're most welcome, it benefits us all - the guild is treasure trove
    regs tilt