Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems Odd

Two of my maps are there with no attribution. I tried to use the contact form and got a message:

Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the site admin, if the problem persists.
    Your message has been sent.

So I have no idea if it even reached them or not...

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My guess would be not ... its just bad programming that shows the "your message has been sent" message even though the error message has shown.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The joy of the internet

So who can read Spanish?
    http://nemides.blogspot.com/2009/12/...perial-de.html
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

maybe we should just have a forum/sticky for copyright violations?

I saw quite a few familiar maps on that site (none of mine though) :/

Hopefully, someone hears back from them.

@Gandwarf: Why the Spanish site, is that connected somehow?

Maybe this is reason enough to actually post your sig/stamp & CC right on the maps you create.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 06-10-2010 at 05:37 PM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Heh.....come on Gandwarf....you've got to be just a little bit flattered that someone has put an entire history to your city!

This kind of stuff actually makes me love the internet more. Your map has been ripped off, but ripped of with a lot of love.

Plus the author was kind enough to give his facebook address, so you can have a chat about further collaborations.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Oh goodness Gandwarf, I didn't realize that was a rip. I can't read much Spanish. That is pretty ballsy if you think about it.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I had something like this happen to me years ago. Its why I only post lower resolution versions on the internet, or higher res if its an unfinished project. I also had someone steal my mini essay from a debate forum and post it on another one as his own creation. In both cases it got resolved though. The former ended with an apology, the latter ended with me sending a message to a friend who was a moderator for the other forum at the time.

It sucks that sharing maps with a community can lead to this. May Sten-ret'ni be with y'all.
    "I AM THE LAW!"
    - Flaming Fist Mercenary

My Art / Photos / Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I personally have no problems with people using my maps, rather I'm pleased and flattered if they do (and I know a lot inhere share my sentiment) - but I do want them to "follow the letter of the law" and credit me.
    AND ... if you are looking at what rpgforum does to our maps, its breaking the CC on several accounts
    1. They don't credit ... bad enough
    2. They use the maps for commercial purposes, how you ask?... they have ads on their site and are using, amongst other things, our maps to pull in the crowd. Thats a commercial purpose.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast