Thread: Is something wrong with Dundjinni?

Help Is something wrong with Dundjinni?

Two days ago I purchased Dundjinni for Mac, but when I attempt to download it fails after initial burst. I've e-mailed the store and received no response. I've tried to join their forums to look into problem, but site refuses to e-mail me my verification so I cannot post.
    The site also does not allow me to download user art packs - the same problem - it starts to download and then stops sending data after a few seconds.
    My computer is working perfectly on every other site.
    Is anyone else having this problem?
    Has Dundjinni gone under?
    Should I cancel my payment on Visa?

As far as I have heard, Dundjinni is going (gone) out of business.

Now that is just what I heard. May be something to look into.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I don't believe that they are going out of business. I've personally purchased and downloaded an art pack as recently as a few weeks ago.

However, they announced (2 years ago?) that there will be no further development on the project.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    As far as I have heard, Dundjinni is going (gone) out of business.
    Dundjinni has not gone out of business ... yet. However, the current version 1.07 was released in 2004. The DJ folks announced two years ago that development of version 2.0 had been suspended indefinitely and no products haven't appeared in some time.

The DJ website has been having a lot of problems lately, which makes one wonder if any of the folks who make up Dundjinni Enterprises are watching the store anymore. All that appears to be left of DJ is old product still being sold and a website that has been dwindling in usage.

I don't know where you can get answers to your questions or solutions for your problems.

Sorry.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Very sad news. Dundjinni is a great product and there was much talk of a Dundjinni 2.0 several years ago. I know that during the economic downturn, the company went slack for a time, but I was not aware that they had gone Tango-Uniform.
    John Grigsby
    Gaming Operations Director, CoastCon 37
    Member-at-Large, CoastCon 37

Currently using Dundjinni, Photoshop CS3, and MapTool
    Unless otherwise stated, any work I post here can be freely used and distributed provided credit is given to me as the originator. If you find it useful or make modifications, I'd love to hear about it.

Ahhhh...that must have been it. The No Further Developement somehow translated in my brain to Going out of Busniess. (which is usually the first step).

Sorry for the misinformation.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

The DJ site and forums are the place for this but if that site is not functioning properly then you could post here to get to 5 posts which allows you to private message and then look up Kepli and try to see if that gets through. Kepli posted recently on the "four ugly monsters" so is presumably still about but I haven't seen a post on here for a long time.