Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time since the last post!

Map Long time since the last post!

Hi again Guild Members!

It's been too long since I last posted some map work and I'm half-happy to post my latest map illustration. Half-Happy because I had to put on all this copyrighted junk on it, remove the city titles and not mention what the map is for, NDA agreements and it's always best to play it safe. Anyway enjoy, I'm always glad to hear all of your comments and any critiques and I'm looking forward to starting some more maps very soon.

-Terry

The Workshop has full copyright ownership to this illustration
    Last edited by Aerius; 06-15-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Dain's Avatar

Welcome back Terry,

Gorgeous map again. Despite the watermark which makes full appreciation more difficult, we can still see the talent here. I especially like the way you represented the citiies. Never saw that before and it is very nice. That actually gives you a way to give a hint about how special the places can be. Clever.
    Hard to say more when everything looks perfect ...
    The most difficult to appreciate is the sea. The watermark doesn't help but I would think that the sea is (maybe) too desaturated compare to the lands. So it makes the lands pop-up a bit too much. But again, it's hard to see that properly. On the other hand, it can have been done purposefully and then there is nothing to say.

Overall, it's a wonderfull map and the artist's touch can be easily seen.
    Can't wait to see more from you, very inspiring!
    Last edited by Dain; 06-12-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep.. to bad about the watermark but fully understandable - looks really good. Maybe you can post some closeups without the watermark - or just i a bigger size so the watermark doesn't obscure so much
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Thanks for the comments Dain and Tilt. You might be right about the saturation Dain, I did plan to give the land a pop over the surrounding waters, maybe I went to far . And a close up does sound like a good idea. Here's a close up of two cities and a river/marsh...sorry again for the watermarks on the big map everyone, but last thing I need is a lawsuit haha.
    Attachment 25779

Again, The Workshop has full copyright ownership to the above illustration.
    Last edited by Aerius; 06-15-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah, thats more like it... love those cities.. really cool
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Wow, I too have not posted for ages, but this map even with the heavy watermark is truly inspiring! I can only imagine what it looks like without the watermark overlay. Beautiful work and certainly worth protecting the copyright.

I have to agree, the cities are really neat. If you zoom in on the big map you can see there is a lot of little details you put into all the locations and the closeups are beautiful.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks for the city love RobA and Jaxilon. I admit the city details are unrealistic based on the map size but its an illustration and as long as it conveys some fantasy feeling to the world then really who needs realism

Sorry everyone, I had to delete the images...I'll put them back on when the company releases them, with no watermarks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast