Thread: Hi

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hi

Hi. I've always liked reading and creating maps. The map in issues of Nat Geo were the best part. At the risk of dating myself... I remember trying to make maps with my first computer, a PC Junior with a whopping 128 K memory. My sister and I mapped King's Quest and then spread out a ton of graph paper and tried to make the map by creating points on the computer. We didn't finish, but we were 7 and 5. The computer I have now is a tad more powerful. It looks like I might be the only person in the world that prefers Corel to Adobe. I'm used to it, though. I might also be the only person in the world that is allergic to Tylenol.

Blog Entries

Welcome & glad you skipped over the guild. Although I use a lot of weird tools, my main bitmap editor is an old version of PSP so I will wave Corels flag a bit and there's a few of us here. Its on its last legs tho and id like a 64 bit editor. Had a bitmap yesterday where it ran out of memory opening it so ill probably be squeezed into the Gimp mold at some point. Oh and my first computer was a ZX81 with 1K of memory and the video buffer had to come out of that as well so you had about 600 bytes of memory to program in. Ahhh those were the days... gladly behind us.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild - go look at some tutorials and when you're ready - post in the WIP section for critizism and help
    my first computer was a Commodore 64, with floppy-drive - yep very advanced... those were the days
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Welcome to the Guild.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Hiya, welcome aboard!

I prefer Corel to Adobe for sure. It might simply be that I have more experience with Corel and are therefore more comfortable with it, but when I'm making stuff for fun, I like to use what's comfortable. I'm glad that GIMP is out there to do some of the tricks that Corel can't, but I still prefer Corel.

Also, welcome! Good to see another Corel user.