Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gothopolis Central Park

Sure. I was just curious. I usually turn to GURPS when I want really realistic and gritty characters and combat. That is why I was asking. I think each system has its own strengths and weaknesses and tend to use the best system for whatever the setting will be. For instance, if we are talking supers, IMHO there is no better system than Hero; for gritty reality, GURPS, for fast paced action, Savage Worlds or Action! System. For over the top Anime (depending on the 'feel' you are looking for) Big Eyes Small Mouth, Feng Shui, or the other one that is escaping me... Warrior Gods?

Of course, I'm insane when it comes to roleplaying systems and I tend to be loose and flexible with the rules mostly and I tend to not get into every crunchy bit there is like some. That said, I was a Hero System (Champions) GM for like 15 years straight, and a GURPS GM for about 10, and played and/or GMed a bunch of others that I've probably forgotten how to play by now.

Oh look! I totally derailed yet another thread. LOL Sorry about that.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

lol...No worries

To be fair, my system experience is failrly limited. I've run AD&D (1st & 2nd ed), d20, and GURPS in the last few years. Long long ago I ran WoD, Rifts, and the old d6 Star Wars game. I've never really run a super hero game before, but it seemed like a good setting for a one shot game. If it goes belly up, I'll look into running Champions next time.

How is BESM? The anime game I'm planning on running (Probably VTT) is going to be powerful characters with GEARs. I don't know how well the systems mesh, but I remember my girl friend mentioning the system when I mentioned I was running an anime game.

Since it was designed for Anime, it does it quite well. I think there may still be some intro docs out there that you can download to get the feel of the game. It has been quite a while since I played it though. My experience was also from a player's perspective so I can't help much regarding the crunchier bits.

d6 Star Wars is an awesome system. I'm actually playing in an online game of it currently.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12