Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gothopolis Central Park

Map Gothopolis Central Park

This is a quick map that I put together for a game I'm running in February. This is supposed to be the fountain area of Gothopolis Central Park, where a major battle between the super heroes and one of the main villains will take place.

I'll post another picture of what it looks like after the battle

A little notation (I took the grid out because it looked ugly); The fountain in the center is 20' at the base and towers at 60' tall. The fountain itself is 60' in diameter, the water is replenished from the open palms of the statue. The walkways are 10' across, and concrete.

This map was just put together in FM8. I haven't touched it up in Photoshop, yet. I might or might not depending on how critical I think it will be for the game.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GCP.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	1299  

Nifty!
    Don
    My gallery is here
    __________________________________________________ _______
    "Keep your mind in hell, but despair not." --Saint Silouan [1866-1938]

Very nifty! You say superheroes. That makes me perk up and say, Please tell me more!

I'm a Hero System gamer going back to the first release when it was Champions. I've also played M&M and other Super systems. Is this going to be played over a VTT? I'm all giddy with hearing more.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Sadly, this one is not going to be VTT. I am giving some serious thought to an anime game for a VTT setting. I'll start asking all sorts of annoying questions when I get closer to that game.

This one is going to be a one shot for Dundracon. Basically, all of the super heros/villains will have comical disfunctions. For example, 200 Proof is a master of flame but can only use his powers when he is drunk.

Dude!! Dundracon?? That is just down the road from me. Well, actually it is an hour and a half, but I just may be there next year working a booth.

What system is it? That sounds like a great bit of fun.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Running it in GURPS. The name of the game is "Super Heroes Union Local 1337" if you want to view it on the Dundracon site

l337 - great name. LOL

GURPS - not my first choice for supers, but definitely doable. Thanks. I'll check it out and consider signing up if/when I get my confirmation that I'll be going.

I did GURPS because it gave me alot of flexibility for odd ball characters, and because it is a system that I am fairly familiar with. Were I running a straight hero's game, I probably would have shopped around the systems a bit. Anytime I do anything "weird", though, I immediately turn to GURPS.

What about GURPS makes it the first choice for "weird" for you?

It's flexible and I'm familiar with it. It's been hard enough developing "dysfunctional" characters without learning a whole new system in the process. GURPS has always worked well for me. I'm running a stargate type game in the system right now, and am working on an anime style game in the system as well.

I'm not going to argue that it is any better or worse than any other systems. It's just what I like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast