Thread: Semi-new to mapping (cc3 only at the moment), totally new to this forum. Samples att.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Info Semi-new to mapping (cc3 only at the moment), totally new to this forum. Samples att.

Hi all.
    Long story short, about a year ago I finally "got serious" about fleshing out more of the "whole world" for the D&D setting I run my games in, and when I was looking for mapping software ended up with CC3.

I'm entirely "self taught" with CC3 thus far, just trial and error, and was -very- excited to stumble on this site blindly. I've attached a few of my maps from my "world" (the world map, and two zoomed-in ones) as a sample of what I've been up too.

I'm not entirely comfortable doing much with symbols at the moment, and just use texture bitmaps for mountain ranges and forests .. so far, all the maps I've done have been "zoomed out" enough that using symbols makes it .. look strange in a way I can't really explain. Same for cities, at the moment I just use black dots.

In any case, feedback about my noob maps and style greatly appreciated. Tear em apart and let me know what I can be doing better.

I'm very interested in learning how to insert political boundries into my existing CC3 maps, as well as figuring out how to stretch contours "off the edge" of the map to avoid the map border fade effect that's somewhat obvious with the mountain ranges on my zoomed-in maps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Illius_Region.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	25850   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Terra_Primma_World_Map_B.JPG 
Views:	469 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	25851   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AL_HAZISH.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	442.0 KB 
ID:	25853