Thread: The Holy City of Nebbūran

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Kaiser MacCleg's Avatar

Wip The Holy City of Nebbūran

Having tried my hand at regional mapping, I thought I'd try mapping a city this time around. The not-quite-half-finished map below depicts the Holy City of Nebbūran, the spiritual centre of the Kingdom of Nebūr. The city is characterised by wide, arterial roads connecting locations of importance connected by twisting, labyrinthine alleyways which make the city notoriously hard to police. The palatial Ūnam Šakh, a vast complex containing temples, reliquaries and archives, dominates the hill upon which the city is built, and is topped by a golden dome which can be seen for miles around.

I've tried to adopt a hand-drawn style while creating this map - I haven't been satisfied with the method of using brushes to place buildings in the past, and drawing it by hand, despite the obvious drawbacks - the time it takes to place buildings, for instance - allows me more control over how the city will ultimately look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nebburan.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	629.3 KB 
ID:	25867

I'm not sure about the font I've been using. It certainly looks the part, but I'm not sure if it'll be legible enough - especially if I use smaller font sizes in the future. What do you guys think?

I'm determined that this map will make it to the "finished maps" forum.
    Last edited by Kaiser MacCleg; 06-14-2010 at 11:19 AM.