Thread: Tutorials: QGIS for Fantasy Mapping

Tutorial Tutorials: QGIS for Fantasy Mapping

Hi there,

I use QGIS in my daily work and decided to write some tutorials for QGIS usage in fantasy mapping. The tutorials will provide step-by-step explanations for some QGIS features. Every tutorial will cover just one little aspect to not overwhelm everyone with information. I hope to add the next one soon. They will mainly show you, how to use GIS to manage your maps, reference them (for measuring and coordinates) and the like. If you like to know how you really draw a whole map, I recommend this tutorial by Ross Thorn.

Advice: I couldn't upload the PDF, therefore a ".png" is added after the file name. Just delete that part and you can use the PDF. To download the tutorials, make sure you rightclick on the link and choose "save link as", "save linked content" or whatever your browser calls that option. A leftclick won't work!

Tutorial 1: Georeferencing and Measurement Part1_Georef_Measurement.pdf.png
    Tutorial 2: Digitizing Map Content Part2_Digitizing_Mapcontent.pdf.png

If you have advices, questions or the like, just let me know.
    Last edited by Styescape; 04-26-2020 at 01:09 AM.

Thanks. I look forward to your next one.

Part 2: Digitizing Map Content is uploaded now. If you have questions, miss something or don't understand my crappy English, just let me know

When you click the pdf link you just get the attachment id and not the name so you can't remove the '.png'

Thanks, I will try to find a better solution for that. You can try to rightclick the link and use "save linked contet" (or whatever your browser calls it). I've tried that with an Opera browser and it worked, but I'm not quite sure if that's a solution for everyone.

Blog Entries

Yes, it seems to work if you right click on the link and use the Save Link As and then put it somewhere and then remove the extension .png leaving the .pdf. Then you can open it. I was not aware that PDFs still had an issue but if it does then ill try to look into it but for now the links do work. Just dont left click on them like a normal attachment.