Thread: Ruined Temple

Default Ruined Temple

This is a level I'm doing for a ruined temple my players will be hitting soon, I have most of them mapped out but this is just the concept I'm working on for how they will look. I started with just a white on black template and used RobA's gimp script for dungeons. I worked up a rubble tile and using some bevel and emboss on an overlay worked in the rubble. I'm pretty happy with how the water turned out. I have some details to add to this still, statues a few altars and some more I'll post those once I get them in
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	old_mine_level_4_textured.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	632.4 KB 
ID:	25694  

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

The water and the floor both look pretty good!

One crit that I would have to make however is that the rock ruble on the floor could do some work. the cracks in the floor are showing through in some places, and it seems to be going over the walls. the fact that the river is on top of it makes the whole thing seem confusing.

keep it up though, its looking good.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice start Bambua, two things I'll comment on...
    1. the water, while looking good in the middle, are a bit blurry round the edges, it needs more definition.
    2. The rubble shoudn't fade out, either a piece of rubble exists or not - so go in there with magic wand/small eraser and cut the rubble to size
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise