Thread: A Harbour Capital

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip A Harbour Capital

This is it.
    I have been absent for a while fumbling and puzzling and this is what came out of it. You may have noticed that this is Oreas, the capital of a country called Aurelis, the map of which can be found here. Once again I did this in Photoshop as I was told CC3 wasn't necessary to create pretty cities, so I gave it a try.

I don't consider it done yet, but finished enough to show anyone I'd like to transform the map into a second, less colourful one that can be tagged. But before I can do that, I have to make sure the basic map is complete- no houses missing, no ugly city shapes, enough market places etc. So please, city building experts, help me

Some basic explanations:

- Oreas consists of seven quarters, namely Old Town, Temple Ridge, Haven, The Alleys, Norwalk, Neotown, and The Garners.
    - The fortified islands are an academy (left) and a prison (right).
    - The square-shaped part on the left side of Oreas is a system of canals and artificial islands where rich people live.
    - The big blue thing in the middle of Temple Ridge is a castle complex called The White Palace.
    - The green space above the islands is a park.
    - Take a close look at the woody ridge north of Norwalk, there's a ruin.

If anything else is unclear or doesn't make sense to you, just ask me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	city_of_oreas.jpg 
Views:	497 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	25903  
    Now that the warm fuzzy part is over we can get back to the ritual dismemberments. Oh wait, it's not Tuesday is it?