Thread: CC2/Map Tools Experiment

Default CC2/Map Tools Experiment

Since I started using Map Tools for my games I decided to create a basic floor plan for a tavern that can be re-used as needed. The floor plan was drawn with CC2 with a little grunge added in PS. Then I opened MT, created a new map, applied Vision Blocking, and dressed the map with "objects" and "tokens" that I've collected from various websites. For some of the objects, such as the posts (these should be wood not stone) and stairs, I didn't have the right images so I used the closest approximation. More grunge was added to the "object" layer via the Drawing Tool ("draw a rectangle", "choose paint" = Texture, in this case I used, "Rocky beach, dark cyan" at 10% opacity). Alternately, the texture can be added to the background layer unless you have something on the background layer that you want covered.

A few observations and tips (I'm using MT version 1.3b63, not the latest one):
    • A grid can be laid out in MT and adjusted to reflect 5'x5' squares. I used the outhouse, which is 10'x10', as a guide.
    • The candles and lamps were given "light" properties and then copy-pasted.
    • Black is probably not the best choice for the walls as it is difficult to distinguish when using Vision Blocking. I'll probably switch to dark gray on future floor plans.
    • The reason the second floor is "crammed" into the picture is to minimize the amount of scrolling and zooming needed to view the map. Other pertinent illustrations, such as larger portraits and menus, can be placed to the side of the map for quick reference.

The first image is the basic, unfurnished floor plan. The second is a screen capture of the finished, Map Tools floor plan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wicked_Wyvern_fp.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	25968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wicked_Wyvern_mt.png 
Views:	543 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	25969  

This is looking really good--just a nice layout in general.

Guild Journeyer

Looks like a really good start.

Thank you for the interest and the comments. I'm not sure how many of these I will do and post. I'm using the Dagger Rock town map in my game so I've been slowly doing the interiors for important sites. The Wicked Wyvern was number 12. The next, #7, is an herbalist's place.

The attachments are (not in order since the forum decided not to upload my files in the order I selected): the basic CC2 floor plan, the Map Tools version, the CC2 floor plan of the cellar, and the cropped MT version of the cellar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Herbalist_MT2.png 
Views:	285 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	26558   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Herbalist_1a.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	26559   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Herbalist_C1a.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	26560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Herbalist_MTC.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	437.6 KB 
ID:	26561