Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassedega - Built on the Ruins of Ankeshel

Well done as usual and a very unique concept. Very interesting and well done !

Everything is said so far and my vocabulary is not big enough to describe it in other words. An excellent map conversion of an existing concept.

Guild Apprentice

Frankly I love. This really gives many ideas for adventures. Indiana Jones in a medieval fantasy world.
    Sortilègement votre. Iparcos

My map

Guild Journeyer

Heh, I don't know how you do it but I was looking around for a partially sunken city for some Aboleths in my campaign and you happen to post this.

Just perfect

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

If you are doing that then I really do recommend sunken empires - I mean the foreword is written by the guy who invented the aboleth. Definitely worth checking out.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. They are greatly appreciated - especially when the city drawing cramps set in

This is great work Torstan, have some rep. It's immediately clear the city has been built on the ruins of a vastly larger city. The transition from land to water looks great. What I don't understand though: a lot of the ruins under water have labels. Why's that? They are no longer inhabited I think?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Journeyer

Actually Torstan I decided to go and do just that. You should idly mention to them that I wouldn't have had any interest or idea that they existed without you posting the map as well. I won't be able to see it until I get home, but I wouldn't mind some sunken sites and similar for my campaign Artist of Sharn. Especially if there is a more "Abolethy" city than even the one you posted in there.

Well you've already seen the Wreck of the Goodwife map (and picked up the map pack with the high res jog in it from the Kobold Quarterly store?). I don't have any other underwater maps at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.

@Gandwarf - there is an aquatic city under the water and a human city above the water - both new constructions in the old ruins. The floating market acts as a halfway point for the two cities to use for trade. Note that all the above sea docks are well away from the underwater city - to avoid conflicts.

Guild Journeyer

Already using that map actually.

It is a very handy map for a Kraken.

Thought you might be.

Oh, there's a whirlpool tile that might be handy for you if you're using a vtt. The small version is this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmallerWhirlpool.png 
Views:	190 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	26034

The bigger version can be found here:
    http://fantasticmaps.wordpress.com/?attachment_id=184

These whirlpool are CC-BY-NC-SA licensed as in my sig.
    Last edited by torstan; 06-20-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast