Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cassedega - Built on the Ruins of Ankeshel

Guild Journeyer

Oh poop, I expected Sunken Empires to have more maps of sunken cities and similar. Instead it's got your excellent map and then a bunch of 3rd edition rules that are completely irrelevant to anything I want. Whoops.

It does have some nice new art for aboleths that I can make into tokens I guess :S

The whirlpool is very nice though, I'll definitely have to think of a use for that.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Ah, apologies. I should have asked the system you were using. I assumed that aboleths=3.5/Pathfinder. I hope that at least some of the non-rules specific ideas are useful. At least you have a higher res version of the map - but that's really not the full content of the book.

Guild Journeyer

Yeah, that was what I was hoping for actually but it was mostly some 3rd ed rules and there are still plenty of Aboleths in 4E. Unfortunately nothing in it is particularly useful outside of that as I've already wrote my own fluff. I was sort of hoping for a more "Abolethy" city for my game but this one is fine (because the particular region the PCs are exploring is interdimensional - it has a habit of stealing entire ruined cities/empires from other worlds or places. Making it fit the place into Eberron nicely). I should have asked but I'm not overly worried. I've already put the artwork to good use

Well I'll keep an eye out for you in future. Glad the whirlpool came in handy.

Guild Journeyer

Well I haven't figured out how to use it just yet, but let's just say there are more krakens in a certain parties future. I can also use the goodwife map - especially now I have a registration on KQ to download the fullest and prettiest version - in that game as well. I don't think I'll have krakens this time. Probably more aboleths who are most upset at the PCs visiting their pirate ship unannounced.

Blog Entries

Truly beautiful map, Torstan. Fabulous stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Absolutely Gorgeous!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks guys! That's very kind.

@Aegeri: There's always this:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...pwrecked/page2

It's CC-BY-NC-SA so feel free to lift it for home use.

I seem to recall an Aboleth-themed city on CG.

And with a little searching, I was right: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...Vigann-Kaharim

It's a rather different style and may not suit your needs, but I thought I'd point it out.

As for Aboleths equaling any particular version of D&D, they were in AD&D 1st Edition.

I am in love with this map.
    Ive kept coming back to view it in the short time ive been here
    I love the widows flophouse, makes me laugh at the idea of what a "flophouse" might be

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast