View Poll Results: Black and White focused mapping tutorials?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 80.00%
  • No

2 20.00%

Thread: Black & White Mapping Tutorial

Default Black & White Mapping Tutorial

There are those of us who come here to make fantasy maps for our roleplaying game campaigns, and there are some of us who may plan to release these maps to the public, or even public them in a "game setting" book.

I challenge the community to create black and white mapping tutorials for independent roleplaying game developers who can use them to create high-quality maps in black and white and put them into books that require all artwork to be in black and white (as many print-on-demand options require).

It is quite obvious that someone could just make a map in color, then change it to gray scale, but that's not the intent here: the intent is to make the best-looking, highest-quality city/town and landmass/world maps as possible in black and white from start to finish. I would be especially interested in town/city mapping from start to finish in black and white, but I would settle for anything.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I would think both...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Honestly you basically need greyscale and plain lineart-style maps. But honestly if I was going to create them for myself, I'd tend to do them in colour and then desaturate them later for printing.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

I could probably take any of my hand-drawn maps, pull the color out and you're left with a strictly B/W map, and would like fine - no grayscale.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations