Thread: Battle City!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Post Battle City!

I've done 1,8 battlemaps and a handfull or two of tiles ... so its time for a bigger challenge. I really enjoy making battle maps and the ones I've been doing have been city maps - so now I've thought - they should go together with some more - so.. time for Battle City

The master plan is attached:

WIP:
    E3: Market

Done:
    I6: Backyard

C&C is appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	town-overview.jpg 
Views:	746 
Size:	44.1 KB 
ID:	25965  
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Member Facebook Connected

I have greatly enjoyed your two previous tiles and found them very useful (I unabashedly say that I "steal" stuff from here all the time, but only for personal use, and I never claim to have created it myself). I look forward to seeing the city fill out. If I may be so bold, a tavern is something that every town needs (and which you seem to have overlooked). Other ideas may include a "punishment" square (perhaps with stocks and a gibbet) and/or a shrine or temple.
    John Grigsby
    Gaming Operations Director, CoastCon 37
    Member-at-Large, CoastCon 37

Currently using Dundjinni, Photoshop CS3, and MapTool
    Unless otherwise stated, any work I post here can be freely used and distributed provided credit is given to me as the originator. If you find it useful or make modifications, I'd love to hear about it.

Blog Entries

thanks for that and steal away
    I'm guessing the difference between Inn(E2) and Tavern is that you can't sleep at a tavern (other than across a table) - but I'll probably fit both in. The temple is in I2 ... a punishment square could be a good idea
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

Been a little busy lately so the project has been on hold, but I hope to get a little more free time soon so feel free to come with more input on what the city should contain
    regs tilt

Blog Entries

yeah.. got my fourth pip .. thanks rav .. and yes, a long way to go yet, but when finished the should be a lot of tiles for making a HUGE battle map, with players running around all over ... could be a problem finding a big enough table though *lol*
    regs tilt

Thanks for the inspiration! Great idea!

Blog Entries

you're welcome Carnifex. I actually dropped these maps and started on an even bigger scale - and went on a loooong pause when I got a new job 3 years ago... but thought of those battlemaps as early as this morning and how I'd like to continue those.
    regs tilt