Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Commission: Sheinar, Capital of the Six-Cities Confederacy

Quote Originally Posted by PaxVeritas View Post
    What would anyone guess is the fantasy population of a city like this?
    I'd guess it should be around 35,750 people with a rough Google estimate

One of the best city maps I have seen! Great job!

PaxVeritas Thanks for resurrecting this tread somehow I missed this when it came out. Nicely crafted map !
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    I'd guess it should be around 35,750 people with a rough Google estimate
    Id say more like half a million if you include hinterlands.

I think this map is very special because it goes beyond great artistry--it is immediately usable by a game master. There is an "eye" toward game mastery. For example, by providing the blank map, I could re-label each ward, gate, and area to fit my campaign, but the layout is inspiring and implicit in the design is the story of who lives there, where, and why. I absolutely love this map, and would wish to see 1 or 2 more by this artist as well, along with the blank maps if he/she could be so generous. I'll run with this as a third story arc within my campaign, to house the rogues, and evil church leers, along with cabalists, those who live in "The Dredge" and those who live in the finest of accommodations. The port layout is so visually stunning, that my mind's eye can go there, and look around 360 and imagine being there. Simply put, THIS is how you craft a game master's city map–truly a showcase item. THANK YOU!
    P.s. I had originally populated my city with 17,670, but will update this estimate to 35,750 based on Azelor's estimate. It is a good one, and consistent with modern game world estimates in other publications. To roughly tell the party 20-30k suffices, unless they search census records, but as a game master the integrity of the design is perfect within this range.

My word, that is one large involved inspiring city map. That's pretty spectacular work A2. Love it.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456