Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Large Scale Map Printing

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

now you say layers and then you say files - I'm guessing the answer is files since layers wouldn't reduce size ... but don't you have difficulties seing the "whole" when its spread over several documents ... and you'll have to put it all together in the end anyway to print
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Hey Oldguy!

Except you have to add $10 for shipping (rolled in a tube), I charge $2.99 a square foot printed onto satin gloss 190 gram photo paper, so a 3' x 3' map would cost $26.97. Lamination is $6.75 more for 3' x 3' using 5 mil lamination. I have shipped throughout US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Europe and Asia/Australia. Though overseas shipping is USPS is $16+ and takes at least 15 days, doing it faster costs way too much ($100). Also map prints are pretty light weight, so cost of shipping is more size of tube not weight. A single tube can hold many unlaminated maps or three laminated ones for same shipping cost.

GP
    Gamerprinter,

Can you print on fabric? Is this possible? I own and run a LARP in Savannah, Georgia and would love to give them a version of our map that is somewhat more period.

While there are fabrics available, my printer is not ideal for that. Fabrics are for dye-sublimation or solvent printer, mine is an aquiess inkjet printer. However, I can print to canvas and fine art paper, though both of those are more expensive to print on. Fine art paper is like 50% more in cost, while canvas is $7.50 per square foot, more than double my satin-photo print standard prices.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    While there are fabrics available, my printer is not ideal for that. Fabrics are for dye-sublimation or solvent printer, mine is an aquiess inkjet printer. However, I can print to canvas and fine art paper, though both of those are more expensive to print on. Fine art paper is like 50% more in cost, while canvas is $7.50 per square foot, more than double my satin-photo print standard prices.

GP
    GP,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response! As I said before I am trying to find a way to give my players at Avegost LARP an in-game representation of a detailed and aged version of our map (www.Avegost.com/map) that I'm working on. Released with Dragon Age was a cloth map and I've fallen in love with it. Do you know/recommend of anywhere that prints on cloth?

Thanks for your expertise,
    Joe Landolfi

Let me check my sources, there are printing houses that do work only for other printers, and perhaps I can get a better deal - and you can still do business with me.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Looks interesting to me ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123