Thread: Felseth

Default Felseth

Everything in Photoshop CS4 except the mountain shadows (rendered height map in 3DSmax 2009). From a map request. WIP is here. Started a Tutorial to explain the process. I'll be updating it as I find better ways to achieve the look.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Felseth_Labeled_v3_150dpi.jpg 
Views:	502 
Size:	558.6 KB 
ID:	26020

I really appreciate the feedback everyone gave the in WIP forums. It was all very honest and helpful!

Amazing work kalvinlyle, have some rep.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

More rep for you, you deserve it. Any crit i can find is purely down to my own personal taste so its not worth mentioning, your technique is excellent, bravo!
    -D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Beautifully done...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quite impressive Kalvin, thanks for sharing, and for the tut.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Fantastic map. I would like to see this map in a litte higher resolution. Or is this already the original size?

The fields are great. It really looks like a picture from space. But I miss there some little towns or even some buildingstructre. Something for your next maps maybe?

repped

Quabbe