Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there any way to change your username?

Question Is there any way to change your username?

When I signed up for this site six months ago (I've forgotten exactly when) I didn't think I'd actually get as interested in mapping as I have, nor that I would start participating in the community (woo, up to 60 rep points now!) so I used a 'throwaway' username, which, sadly, is a pretty stupid one. It turns out I really enjoy participating, and have gotten really interested in mapping, and recently even scored a paid commission.

Is there any way to change my username (specifically to one that corresponds to my deviantart account)? I suppose I could sign up again, but gosh darn it, I'd lose my sweet, sweet rep points, and thread/map association links. Perhaps I just need to come to terms with a silly name?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe that RobA could fix that for you ... and if you really love the site - why not contribute *evil grin.. .MUHAHAHAHA*

In a forum for entreprenours that I'm in, it is impossible to change a post after 1 hour - but the owner will do so if you contribute 1000 DKK ($180) to a good cause

And remember the above is just for fun - RobA is a nice guy who doesn't take bribes
    Last edited by tilt; 06-22-2010 at 10:40 AM.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Yes, it's possible (as far as I can tell, but I'll check with the other CLs to make sure it won't screw things up). What user name would you like to have it changed to?

Wow, I thought the reply would be a fast "tough luck." My DeviantArt username (and the one I do almost all of my other forum activity under) is RecklessEnthusiasm.

Blog Entries

I'm guessing you got the reckless part down real good *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

Blog Entries

told ya he could do it... Rob, Rob, he's our man.. if he can't do it.. no one can! ...
    regs tilt

Blog Entries

Robs da bombbomb !

Oh and Reckless, you mention LT3D - thats L3DT right and have you any screenies of stuff you have made. I bought that from Aaron a long time ago but I kept loosing my key but I remember it being a quite nice terrain creator.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-22-2010 at 08:12 PM.

RobA (fixed that!), Thanks a bunch my friend! I owe you one. I'll have to be twice as active 'round here now to justify the change.

Redrobes: You're right, I meant L3DT (which stands for Large 3-D Terrain generator, for anyone who wants to check it out). I had some weird problems with my key too--periodically, when the program would 'call home,' it would just stop accepting the key I was using (this is when I was using the pro-trial). It was a neat program and amazingly easy to use, though. Especially considering that I had exactly no knowledge of 3-d software.

The only thing I really turned out with it was some terrain for a board game I made: Cannons & Crossbones, which was my very first 'map' I suppose. I actually didn't take advantage of any of the 3D aspects of the program--just generated the texture/elevation map which I loaded up in Photoshop to add buildings and fiddle with. I remember thinking it was a shame that it had no built-in function to add things like trees. I'll attach some pictures of what I used it for...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cover_Art copy.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	26167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Game Board.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	26166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Game Board overhead.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	26165  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 06-22-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Blog Entries

No no - not me. RobA is tha man that can not I. I am a CL but Rob is co-admin and can make these changes. I don't think I could have done it even.

I liked L3DT too and it was easy to use but I found the terrain it generated a little samey but it was easy and controllable and well programmed. Aaron is a nice guy and very capable programmer. The 3D viewer that came with it was cool as you could fly through the terrain you made - lost a lot of time just playing with that.

Edit -- oh it appears that a CL is able to change peoples user names. Hey y'all better be nice to me now !!! ::evil::
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-22-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast