Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerpoint slides of Shanxi China - A Town built on a cliff

Default Powerpoint slides of Shanxi China - A Town built on a cliff

Not really a map but it shows an interesting town in China built on basically a cliff. I figured if nobody else cared Gamerprinter might enjoy it.

I loved the roofs and architecture. Might be fun to make this into a fantasy location and map it out too. I can see sword fights ending with someone plummeting right off the edge.

Cliff Town in China
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

If anyone is able to map something like that, I will be very impressed. Great post Jax
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Yeah it would be a challenge to map all the vertical changes that's for sure.

Oh, and it was originally a Powerpoint presentation I came upon but this is just a video of the same thing which goes by faster but everyone can see.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I saw a tv show on this about 2 months ago and have been pondering it as a map but I think the hand-drawn style would fit best and that isn't my strongest area.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing! I need to add it to my list of places to visit.

That is insanely cool - thanks for sharing.

My primary 'area of expertise' in the Forgotten Realms setting is kara-Tur, the Eastern Realms, and I have to say that this town is inspiring. This will make a wonderful reference for some of my future projects.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

cool "town" ... especially liked the stairs where the steps have just been drilled in the wall one by one...
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    cool "town" ... especially liked the stairs where the steps have just been drilled in the wall one by one...
    Yeah that right there told me they were not "Sue Happy" like people here in the USA are. Man, those look dangerous. Imagine in the rain!?

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah.. a bit to much suing over there... perhaps we should put warning on our maps "This is NOT a real location, following it might lead to you getting lost or run over by a car. Don't use the map outdoors in rain unless laminated as it might leed to blurring of images and you getting hit by lightning"
    *rofl*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast