Thread: June/July Entry Pit of the thing that should not be

Guild Journeyer

Wip June/July Entry Pit of the thing that should not be

The village of Auvil sits nestled in a mountain pass along a major trade route. For as long as anyone can remember they have always had a great harvest and never suffered a serious disaster. The only problem they have seems to be a problem with bandits on the road as a number of lone travelers and small groups never seem to make it to their destination. When a the child of a prominant person goes missing many questions are asked and the friendly people of Auvil suddenly become very tight lipped. Something strange is going on in the village.

Big Hole gonna put some sort of structure around it or some thing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pottsnb-gl.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	26196

First level
    Brackish water flows through it.
    This is the home to the minions of thing that should not be. Where sacrifices are processed and delivered to the next level.

Name:	pottsnb-sub1.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	26195

Questions comments hate it. let me know

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Sounds like an interesting entry...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

Concept for the building above the pit. I may make the building a ruin but still kick that around. Gonna add some other fluff outside also not sure yet what though.

Name:	pottsnb-gl.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	26266

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

look interesting - looking forward to seing and reading more
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

When the founders of Auvil took the lands from the barbarians that inhabited it they discovered a shrine in an out of the way location. The villagers priest felt a great deal of power in that location and sanctified in the name of his deity and built a temple there. Over time the priests of the village became more beligerent and vocal over the defense of the town. They also called for violent punishments for those who broke the law or blasphemed. During a violent revolt against the local lord a number of rebels were executed in the temple. After this mass execution the temple began to shake forcing everyone out of it. The floor began to crack and grow a sickly green hue and a hole began to bore out of the middle of the temple. A raspy voice invaded the heads of all those present it thanked them for awakening it from its slumber. It promised them good fortune and a protection for one year due to their sacrifice. It also promised them renewed good fortune for every year they renewed the pact. It also demanded that two children of the village be given every year to serve it. The villagers infused by the thoughts of the creature agreed those that resisted the offer were the sacrificed that day to gain more good fortune. This was over two hundred years ago and today the villagers still maintain their bond giving them strangers and their children in order to have good fortune for the village. They often give any sickly or deformed children to serve it. The temple is only visited when the time for sacrifice has come and then the entire village must be present by law of the village.

Guild Journeyer

Here is the bottom level needs a lot more work but I have been busy with real life lately. The blob creature is wierd and I am not sure on its finale shape but this is what I have got so far. What do you think.

Name:	underneath 2.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	26562

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

it doesn't look nice... so that good ... maybe some handdrawn shadowing so you can raise some of those tentacles of the floor
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

That creature is quite disgusting. If it were me, I'd make the eyball a bit more deformed. And perhaps an oozing orifice at the side..
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..