Thread: ...create small scale battlemaps?

Default ...create small scale battlemaps?

I would like to try to improve my skills, and I have access to CS4 right now and would like to learn how to do small-scale maps (like battle grids etc) using it. So, I thought I would try to do the lite mapping challenge this month, but I am so totally lost right now. How do you set down grids that aren't just hand drawn in PS? Or, is PS even the right tool for this? So lost right now...

~edit~
    Oh snap, I had two pages open, one with the tutorials, and one with the "How do I..." page, and I posted this in the wrong forum. Umm.... I don't think I can move the thread myself, so could an admin help me with this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lair of the God King.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	367.6 KB 
ID:	26200  
    Last edited by steelstiletto; 06-23-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

if you need a printed grid, you'll have to draw it in photoshop. I suggest you make an empty file to the exact grid size 1" or ˝" or 1 cm or whatever size you like - make the background transparent (important) - draw a line at what ever pixelsize you like at the bottom and right side of the document. Then CTRL+A to select all (or applekey+A) then go to edit > define pattern ... name it "grid-x-inch".

then go to your document - make a new layer - go to edit > fill > pattern > grid... ta da...!
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise