Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map Enthusiast from Ontari-ari-ari-o

Default Map Enthusiast from Ontari-ari-ari-o

Hey to all of you nice enough to read my introduction!

My name isn't really Friendly Sword, but I am friendly, and I'd like to think that my wit is as sharp as a sword. ^^

I am eighteen, having just finished my 1st undergraduate year, but I have been a Cartophile for as long as I remember! I have accumulated a rather large collection of both real and fantasy maps, and I have often drawn them myself; imaginary worlds, cities etc. My main reason for joining is to improve my ability to creat nice looking maps, particularly using computer software (something with which I am as of yet totally unfamiliar).

I have long desired to get photoshop, but the $700 or so price tag has so far dissuaded me. I have heard however, that there exist downloadable programs for much less or even free, so I intend to do some research about that.

I love what goes on here, and I am super happy to have found this site!!

Ta,

-FS

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Welcome fellow Ontarian!

about that earthquake, I was in exams when it happened... hehe, it was slightly funny

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Earthquake? Did the CN Tower fall over or Skydome (or whatever they call it now) collapse?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome!

I am not from Ontario, but it is the only part of Canada I've visited. (Makes sense, only being an hour from the border in Michigan.)

I look forward to seeing your maps!

Haha, yes, I work in an office building in eastern Ontario and we had quite the little scare when the rumbling started.

Maps are in progress! ^^

The tutorial on this site is quite cool, by the way.

The tutorials here are a godsend. This forum is definitely the best resource for people who want to learn how to make better maps.

If you're looking for a free graphics program with a lot of support here, I'd go for GIMP. There are a lot of people who use it and there are some really good effects on it that my favorite program can't do.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Friendly Sword View Post
    I have long desired to get photoshop, but the $700 or so price tag has so far dissuaded me. I have heard however, that there exist downloadable programs for much less or even free, so I intend to do some research about that.
    If you're a student, you should be able to get PhotoShop at the much lower student price. If you want a free alternative, check out The GIMP and Paint.net.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast