Thread: A Map for my World

Help A Map for my World

Hi there! My name is Chris and I would definitely like some help with this issue. For years I have been creating and occasionally writing about a world of mine. When I think of it, I always think of it in the 30s, 1933 when their war began....but that is me rambling now. The main continent I would like mapped is that if Fidelea, which is the "europe" of this world. The continent contains the main nation of Dynstieecountee, which is like a mix between scandinavia and northern europe, as well as Vickerscount - which lies on a thin piece of land opening onto a sea. On other side of Vickerscount, and around half of this sea, is the great and mighty Sucran empire, which extends far into the East. The Enaren Empire borders the Sucran Empire further north, with a northern coast rather than the southern coast of Vickerscount. Dulgain is basically a scandinavian country, so it would be good if it was in the same area with roughly the same shape There are various other nations, whose size and location currently do not matter, so it is up to you!

I thank anyone who would like to take this onboard! If there are any questions etc I will be happy to answer them

Chris

Time Constraints

* No time constraints

Style

It would be nice for it to basically be of atlas style.

Description of Map
    * The scale of the map will be approximately 250 miles to the inch.

Quality & Size

* Professional / semi professional

Copyright -

* I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Gusseh,
    nice details on your request - I don't have time to help you, but I did however wonder if you have a basic sketch of the contries placement size allready - cause you should post that then (or mail it to the relevant person) it helps alot in comparison to a written description. And when you talk about Dulgain being a Scandinavian contry with roughly the same size.. .is it the same size as all of Scandinavia or just one of the countries
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Well, there is at least one more country in the region, also scandinavian in style, so maybe one or two of the current countries? As for a drawn map, that is what I am actually working on right now, and we shall see about getting that on.

I think another thing to consider is the physical size of map that you want for you finished product. Most Atlases of the 1930's were kind of odd sized and unwieldy, plus you have to consider printing issues etc... so in that vein are you looking for letter (8.5 x 11), Tabloid (11x17), A-4 (210 x 297 mm), or something larger...
    Something witty and pithy