Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sm/Med Sized hand drawn town

Colored in the rooftops and castle walls, embossed the buildings too.. but I'm not sure how it looks. If I do it to the buildings I should do it to the trees and stuff as well..
    What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	color fill 3.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	3.06 MB 
ID:	26271  

I really like this map so far. My only complaint is the bridge, it seems to be at a different perspective.

Ditto on the bridge, the rest of the building look like they're being seen from a top down view but the bridge looks like its on an angle. Other than that, nice work!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

thats getting to look really good - nice job
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Looks very good so far Fuse!

Thanks guys

I see what you mean about the bridge perspective.. can't really do anything about it now, but it's good enough roleplaying at least.
    I guess as long as I'm working on it, are there any ideas for how I could improve this map? Maybe I will start practicing for the future.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd shadow in the trees too, that would be nice ... and since you're working digitally you could actually do something about the bridges perspective, just go down to the original scan and work in that, delete the pillars "height" so they are just a circle then mark it with the lasso tool go to EDIT > SKEW and pull the bridge straight, cleanup a bit and your perspective has changed
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Love the look of this map, and thank you, thank you for reminding me that graph paper is lots of help when drawing maps! Personally, I would darken the lines just slightly (not ink them or anything), since your 'paint' colors are darkish. Either that or lighten/de-saturate the colors? Don't really know, and of course it's up to you. I like the hand-drawn effect though, and it's nice to see someone working with that instead of "cleaning it up". The graph paper provides a nice sizing grid too!
    - Alizarinerose
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Thanks, I think I could improve it a little further, but for now I'll let it be. At most I'll probably add some notations or something.
    Originally I was just doodling for a possible D&D campaign, but I got curious and wanted to see what it would look like colored.
    I've got a handful of other maps I've made on graph paper as well, but haven't scanned them in. Honestly after seeing it colored I kind of want to try it out
    I've got an overworld map, a sewer map, and catacombs. Maybe I will upload them if I get the chance.

Thanks for all the compliments and suggestions.. I'll try and use them to improve my skills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12