Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiya, POVRay bloke from the UK in full 3D.

Default Hiya, POVRay bloke from the UK in full 3D.

Just a quick hello here.
    I've been playing FRPs for a couple of decades now, on and off. I'm particularly keen on the graphics aspects. Although I have experimented with FM8 and the like my real interest is in 3D Modelling and I was interested to see that there appears to be a small community here! Excellent.
    Sadly they all seem to be Sketched Up or Bryced or something else - are there any plain old POVRay apes like me out there???

cheers!
    C

Welcome to the guild! Also, yay for another PSP user!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the guild
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Excellent!! Most of my prior POVRay experience has been (amateur) designing space ships and 3D models for graphics for Wargames or RPGs. My knowledge of height fields use is therefore rather limited. However, when I get a moment I'll post some of my stuff. Here's a pub scene I did a while back - the candle flame is courtesy of Trevor Quayle who posted his code on povray.org.
    To be honest I think I find it easier to generate a map via 3D than straight into 2D. Hrmmm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pub001.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	322.1 KB 
ID:	26267  

Blog Entries

Hiya Crayons and welcome. Can I first of all say that it was good of you to post about the RPGLife thing and that its good to know that its been or being sorted out. That's pretty big of you so well done there. Second up I don't know Mongoose publishing personally but a member here "The Greek" called Nick (quite good that one) was recruiting maps for mongoose so maybe he is or would know. Look him up and PM him cos he hasn't posted for a while. Thirdly, I use PSP as well but an old version I am comfortable with and see no need to upgrade any more. And 4thly I do 3D stuff too tho not in PovRay. We have a lot of sketchers and Brycers but also Nendo, Blender, 3DSMax, Maya, light wave and recently Truespace as well. I did a pub in 3D as a challenge entry one month and a cart in another - links below. Fifthly !?! Im in the UK too and wrote a little script which does the members map here so look in my sig and see that and add a pin in the map if you feel like it and then I can see if your my neighbour.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...kwood-Canifers

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...rosens-Caravan

Edit -- heh just been reading my Sorossens caravan thread and it says that I was starting the hobbit then. I am still reading that darned book this afternoon and its a whole year later. My god I don't have enough time. Its not even a big book.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-25-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Hey Crayons - welcome! Good to see another maptool user here too. That POVRay stuff looks great. Definitely interested in seeing maps made that way.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@Redrobes.. the Hobbit!... that takes about 2 hours to read *lol*... I better stop mailing you then so you have time finishing it

nice pub crayons ... did you model all yourself, or are the elements pulled from a library of sorts?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast