Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SciFi Air Show

Ah. I hadn't even thought about that - not every country has been innundated by TV the way the US has been.

The 69 is my birth year, BTW, so I'm 40. I was guessing (probably incorrectly) that Wolf63 is 46.

Man, if you haven't seen them you need to go dig up some of those shows (maybe somebody's streaming them?). They're a *little* hard to stomach after all of the neat stuff we've seen in the intervening three or more decades but they're still worth a watch - if only so you get cultural references from old US geeks. Of course my knowledge of Swedish/Danish television is likely more limited than your knowledge of US television...though I'm familiar with a fair bit of UK TV.
    M

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep.. guessed the 69 .. me too (but from march so 41)
    and love UK television - especially their humor, that like danish humor ... and if we're staying in sci-fi I've enjoyed (as a child) Dr. Who and later on Red Dwarf - so I guess I can stomach some old stuff ... also vaguely remember Moonbase Alpha
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ah.. well, then I guess I have seen it - or at least some of it
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Hot alien shapechanger babe, cool Eagle ships, unique staple-gun-like hand weapons... that was pretty much what made Space:1999 pretty cool. The science... well, let's say that it made Star Trek and Doctor Who look like hard science fiction by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    no - I had no idea, but then again - taking mearrins age-comment into account those shows are probably to old for me to have seen. Not that I'm not the same age as him (I'm guessing here) but more that growing up in Denmark we only had 3 tv channels when I was small, a few extras when I hit the teens and first a more wide spectrum as I was a young adult. So all those tv shows you americans got to enjoy I never knew existed *sigh*

You're missing out, dude. I don't know how you can see them but if you have something like Netflix, which is a postal video rental service, you may be able to watch the shows from them.

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    The 69 is my birth year, BTW, so I'm 40. I was guessing (probably incorrectly) that Wolf63 is 46.
    Yeppers, I'm an old fart who refuses to grow up

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    Moonbase Alpha was Space 1999 where the eagles were from. I had a model eagle hanging in my room, too, growing up. Also had a crush on Catharine Schell (Maya)

-Rob A>
    I'm there with you, dude. I once drove 50 miles, back in the mid 80s, to get her and Barbara Bain's autograph at a convention. Good times

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12