Thread: Athenya, City of Hope and New Beginnings {Finally Finished :D}

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Athenya, City of Hope and New Beginnings {Finally Finished :D}

This is Athenya, the Capital city of an Empire in an RP Im a part of.

It took me about a week to do this. Started with a handrawn sketch (had to buy a compass too, circles are hard freehand!), then uploaded into photoshop, where with the wonderful tutorials and tips I got from so many of you, I was able to make what you see :]

Not to sound self absorbed or anything, but I think I did a very good job for my first map.
    I think my roleplay-mates will be very pleased.

A better quality image is here
    I had to save it a little bit rougher in quality to attach it in the thread

Random Info:
    The city is 5 miles wide.
    Locations outside the city walls are smaller independent towns and villages, with the exception of The Refuge, which is a large refugee camp set up after a great cataclysm destroyed a large part of the continent.
    The Inner and Central rings are the original "old" city, built ages ago after the original capital was burned to the ground. So paranoid of fire was the Queen, that she demanded the new capital be built completely of stone. The Inner ring is made of of 14 Wards which are then further divided into large buildings that would take up city blocks. The buildings appear solid, but are hollow on the inside, and are reminiscent of modern shopping malls, with levels of open space that have shops, houses, schools, etc. In the central ring are the mansions of the rich and powerful, as well as the royal palace and the senate.
    The Outer Ring is more recent. Originally, the entire outer ring was farmland, protected by a wall so the city would always have food incase of a siege, but as the city population grew, communities expanded within the outer ring, eventually swallowing up all but two strips of farmland known as the Farm Corridors.
    Outside the city are smaller towns and villages that are not a part of Athenya in a legal governing sense, but fall under its sphere of influence. The only community that Athenya controls outside the walls is The Refuge, a large refugee camp founded after a great cataclysm that devastated a portion of the continent.

PS: If you can tell me where I got the name Cuttlesbreath from, Ill be your friend forever lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finished.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	26314