Thread: Strange behavior

Default Strange behavior

Ok, so I see on this month's Challenge entry that Ascension has made a new post. Often times I just click on the "Go To Last Post" button and start from there, especially if it is a forum I have been keeping up with. Anyway, I do this and there is no post. So I then navigate to the thread manually and still no post.

Basically, the forum says there are posts to the thread but there are no posts there. The only good guess I can think of is maybe the post was deleted? Then I think, "this is Ascension, he wouldn't get deleted." So in the end I'm thinking something has gone wrong somewhere.

Thanks once again for your support.

OH, I almost forgot, on a side note that may or may not be related, when I posted my Latest WIP the night before this mystery post my thumbnail did not work. I haven't heard of that also frying out anyones thread but who knows.

UPDATE: I was able to go to Ascension's userid and click on view all posts by this user where I could read what he had posted in that thread. After which I went back to the thread which still did not show his post. I then entered a new post on my thread and viola, when that updated there was Ascension's post.

I noticed that this occurred on the second page of the thread with Ascension's post being the first entry of page 2. Is there a bug where the first entry of page 2 (or any page) does not show up until another post has been made or was this just a coincidence of server lag or something? Everything looks fine now but just in case this keeps happening maybe this information can be of help.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 06-27-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yep, I have experienced the same - usually the post reapears after some time
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

With a guild this large we're bound to have boogeymen creeping around the halls messin stuff up. We'll set up a brute squad and go down into the basement levels and see what we can dig up...er put down.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've seen this as well. Its been identified as a bug and reported to vBulletin.

Regarding thumbs, I manually rebuild them every now and then when I see one missing.

-Rob A>