Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blackmount Empire

Wip The Blackmount Empire

I finally decided to call this one finished. It started as an experiment with Geocontrol and Photoshop, but then I thought I could make a full map out of it to be posted here. I’m keen on details and adding things by hand just the place I want them to be. So I caught myself erasing a road for example, because it went from a wrong side of some blob…yeah, I know I should see a doctor…
    I really had difficulties from time to time to carry on due to enormous amount of work this one required, but the feedback kept me going. Thank you everyone for C&C and hope you like it.
    I couldn’t squeeze it to fit to the file limitations just by jpeg compression as it lost too many details, so I lowered the resolution a bit over 15% to avoid too hard compression.
    By the way I have added three faces across the map, for all you eagle eyes in the guild. Two of them should be easy to find, but the third one could be tricky.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blackmount Empire.jpg 
Views:	854 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	25742  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

beatiful map pasis ... and you're evil - now you have me searching for the third face... I gather it looks "real" like the other two? ... in order not to spoil it for the others, I'm PM'ing you with the two I found
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The WIP was impressive and the final map is also. Well done!

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Really nice work. I'm impressed to see your style develop. It's nice to see people who have a very successful look trying something new.

Great look, it seems extremely rugged and I like it very much. Can't see the faces although I did find what looks to me like a skull learing up out of there. Maybe that's one of them? I'm tired and need a nap so maybe later.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Its an amazing piece of art. If I ever got one of my games to a near-complete stage you'd have a commission.

My only criticism is... you need to make more of these.
    "I AM THE LAW!"
    - Flaming Fist Mercenary

My Art / Photos / Maps

Thank you guys.

@tilt: Yes it look "real" as the others...And by the message you sent me, it seems you have already found the tricky one, darn.

@Jaxilon: I think the easiest to find is near Watchman Town and the others look the same.

Ah, I see what you are talking about now. I was looking in the SE corner of the map, tilting my head NW and seeing that mountain range as a skull. I still say it looks like one too which is pretty cool.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Sir, I envy you your skill, truly inspiring. It's maps like this that got me into cartography in the first place. Duly repped, if i can rep you now that is.

Now excuse as I pick my jaw up off the floor, and yes I found the three faces, well hidden.

EDIT: Cannot rep right now, must spread the love but I will be back.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think the only little criticism I could make is that the red text is a bit difficult to read in some spots.

That aside, if I haven't said it before...nicely done!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast