Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Caeruin XXL

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

beautiful map finished or not... concider yourself repped
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Beautiful map. I love the colors and wow, the amount of detail. Have some rep!

Sometimes it's not a lack of motivation that makes you close the map, sometimes it's just too many ideas in your head! With such a fantastic map as this, even unfinished, you probably have plenty of ideas. It can be hard to focus on or even figure out what idea to work on next. 10 years is a long time to work on a world, too! I've spent the past 10 or so years developing mine just for the fun of it - yesterday I found a map I drew nearly 10 years ago and seeing the differences really motivated me to keep working.

Keep up the excellent work on this, and don't worry about what to do next, with this map or another one. If this is just for yourself, it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it's yours!

- Alizarinerose
    "If they get too nosy, you know, just shoot them."
    "Shoot them?"
    "Politely!"
    "Sir, I think there's a problem with your brain being missing ... at last, we can all retire to a life of luxury!"

Blog Entries

Really, really like what you've done with this map. I hope you get the motivation to finish it as it would be a shame not to.

Love the colour palette you've used.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

One and a half years!? Now thats dedication and it really shows, my only critique is that all of those namkes in the mid-low centre are so clustered it makes it hard to see the underlying terrain. Still, repped for the brilliant work!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Did you follow any tutorials or simply start from scratch?
    My intention was to make a map that was rich in detail. So I started photoshop some day, created a new file and began to scratch the outlines of the landscape just a bit more detailled then my other (and much smaller) maps. No tutorial was used.
    How many hours did this take?
    Lots of hours. Lets say, I'd use the weekends in the last 1 1/2 years for nothing else then to work on this map.
    Well, I hope it deserves the name of European Capital of Culture! From what I heard, it doesn't seem to be the worst place to live in, but I actually like where I am now, Capital of Culture or no

Sometimes it's not a lack of motivation that makes you close the map, sometimes it's just too many ideas in your head! With such a fantastic map as this, even unfinished, you probably have plenty of ideas. It can be hard to focus on or even figure out what idea to work on next. 10 years is a long time to work on a world, too! I've spent the past 10 or so years developing mine just for the fun of it - yesterday I found a map I drew nearly 10 years ago and seeing the differences really motivated me to keep working.

Keep up the excellent work on this, and don't worry about what to do next, with this map or another one. If this is just for yourself, it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as it's yours!
    Thanks for the encouraging words. Yes, there are many ideas I would like to put into the map. But often these ideas fail already because I lack the talent for drawing things like seecreatures or armorial bearings. Unfortunatley, I do not like using brushes or textures that do not come from myself. Maybe this is my dilemma.
    Really, really like what you've done with this map. I hope you get the motivation to finish it as it would be a shame not to.

Love the colour palette you've used.
    Thanks!

Hey, your map Aronbor was one of the biggest sources of inspiration for my map, particularly as regards the level of detail and this fantastic rough and faded style! Great, great map. I hope you do not mind that my streets look a bit like yours.
    One and a half years!? Now thats dedication and it really shows, my only critique is that all of those namkes in the mid-low centre are so clustered it makes it hard to see the underlying terrain. Still, repped for the brilliant work!
    Yep, I've seen it too. And it has been fixed. Many larger cities have been to small villages. Thanks for the rep!

Quabbe

Agree with Lonewanderer, perhaps it looks less crowded in the big map. Have you tried to reduce the size of the glow around the city names? It's a shame that you can't see the terrain below. The only thing I don't like is the contour of the mountains, it is difficult to see in the small map.

The map that I have shown, is already a bit older. Although I wanted to show a new map, but Photoshop is crashed twice while I was trying to safe for web. So here is a small part of the map as it is actually looking.

Don't wonder, I have temporarily removed the trees. They will become smaller and closer together. Also the colors have become a little stronger.

Quabbe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hellothere.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	663.8 KB 
ID:	26516  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

really nice... wonderfull palette - can't wait to see the trees in there
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

The labels are much improved, bravo!

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast