Thread: The Northeastern Peninsula of Droaam (for Magrathean) - my first overland map

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Northeastern Peninsula of Droaam (for Magrathean) - my first overland map

Well, I'd been wanting to give overland/regional mapping a shot, as I've only tried encounter-scale maps up until now. I was bored at work, saw Magrathean's post in the map request form and thought I would give it a shot. Like the title says, this was my very first attempt at regional mapping. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot about what I don't know how to do, so that's something.

This was based on Magrathean's rough sketch. I know some of the rivers defy gravity a bit, but I wanted to stay as true as possible to his sketch (and this IS a D&D world after all, so maybe a wizard did it). The rest of the flaws/errors (I'm sure they are legion) are entirely my doing.

The map is broken up by several different kingdoms: blue is human, aqua is halfling, green is elven, brown is dwarven, purple is tiefling and red is dragonborn. Magrathean was really helpful with providing names and infinitely patient when I kept misspelling the draconic cities again and again. Anyway, you can take a look at the WIP forum right here if you're so inclined.

Special thanks to Tilt, Diamond, and Steel general for helpful advice, and another thanks to Tilt for the compass rose resource.

If anyone wants me to post any of the textures I used, I'd be happy to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MapForMagrathean - Northeastern Droaam (no label).jpg 
Views:	1620 
Size:	4.51 MB 
ID:	26430  
    Last edited by RecklessEnthusiasm; 07-06-2010 at 01:07 AM.