Thread: Image hosting

Default Image hosting

Not really software but I cant think of where else to post this.

Im having trouble finding places to host the large files for my maps.
    The sites Im referring to are ones like photobucket, where you can upload an image and then share it very easily.
    I help run a roleplay on a forum website that doesnt include its own image hosting, so I need one that can host 2k x 2k files that are over 5mb in size.

Any suggestions?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

how about deviantart.com?

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Id prefer if I could just link directly to the image
    I know some people get blocked out from deviantart if they try to click on direct links to images hosted there

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

You could get a dropbox account. It's free and you get 2.5GB or some such right off the bat. Once you put a file up in your public folder, it's got a direct public link to it.

Dropbox.com is the place to go ... and I think there are a few dropbox users around here who would love to get the extra space from a referral, so you'll get a link shortly, I'm sure

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

oh no Gidde, don't think I'm falling for that and posting my referral link so I'll get more space on my drop box
    But yes, Dropbox is a cool space for hosting everything. Never heard about the DA problem though, I host some maps and art there, and DA themselves makes a direct link available - like this http://fav.me/d2rb0g8 - which is to my backyard battle map.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise