Thread: How can I get my photoshop brushes to follow a curve to create slopes?

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default How can I get my photoshop brushes to follow a curve to create slopes?

Some brushes in photoshop aready do this; you can get a nice image that looks like its flowing in nice curving wavy lines, while others will always be "upright" and when you try to do curvy lines with them they dont follow the curves but stay static, as it were.

I want to make my own brushes of a few simple lines, that I can then use to curve around on a map and show slopes of hills. I assume there is some kind of brush setting that will allow me to do this, but I cant figure out what it is.

I hope I have made myself clear. Can anyone help me out?

In the Shape Dynamics section, set Angle Jitter to Direction. Do note that Photoshop assumes that the horizontal axis is parallel to the stroke direction and that the stroke runs left-to-right. So if you have a dash-dot brush set up so that the dot is above a vertical dash, you'll get a lot of little "i" marks instead of — + — +
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You can also use a soft, low opacity & flow airbrush (color = black) to create contours, etc.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Thanks guys.