Thread: Haven of the Bitter Glass Map Attempt

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Haven of the Bitter Glass Map Attempt

Hello all,
    Just wanted to post my first attempts at creating encounter maps. These are recreations of the maps which appear in the Dungeon magazine adventure "Haven of the Bitter Glass". If you would like to have a model of comparison, the WotC version of these maps can be found on there website from Dungeon Issue 164. I would link the map gallery for the issue, but it requires a D&D Insider subscription. The fortress is a large Githzerai fortress built into recessed cavern in a cliff face. The second map is of a rock trap on the cliff overhead. The encounter takes place as the sun sets, and I tried to simulate that with the lighting effects. These maps aren't perfect, but I feel comfortable with them as my first real attempt. They were created using Photoshop and images from the CSUAC and other resources found on the MapTools RPTools Tutorials site. Please C&C.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Githzerai Fortress final with lighting.jpg 
Views:	485 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	26491

These are for use in my regular campaign and were created with MapTool in mind. They are at 100 ppi. The images are quite large unfortunately.

Thank you all so much.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Githzerai Fortress cliff final with lighting.jpg 
Views:	353 
Size:	786.2 KB 
ID:	26496  
    Last edited by ravells; 06-30-2010 at 05:39 PM.