Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi there!

Default Hi there!

Hello guys,
    As you can see I am new here... I know nothing about this cartography stuff but I hope I can learn how make a wonderful map. I have seen some of the maps at the galery and I have loved some maps specially the one from RecklessEnthusiasm... I hope I can create something like that.
    I am checking the forum, but can you some of you give some hints on which program to use to creat landscape and other features.

Thanks a lot...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

well...the First thing that I would suggest if you are completely new to mapping is that you take a look at the sticky thread at the top of this forum. Like it says it is a quick start guide that will bring you though the basic steps. After that it is all up to you so have fun. Once you have started a map post what you have in the WIP forums for help, friendly/constructive critique and suggestions on how to progress. One thing to remember is that it is your map so do with it what you will, but there are a lot of talented people here who are most willing to help.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hi there, welcome and as korash says.. go for it ... we're rather nice people in here
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Welcome,...by the way WIP means Work in Progress.
    Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go..

Thanks for all of you guys... I just download the CC3 and i am checking some youtube videos for it, i am going to try to use it because it seems an awesome tool. As soon as I have something I will post for your opinions... And thanks again for the support.

Something else... someone knows which softwere did RecklessEnthusiasm used to create the map that he has at the albums area. "Commissioned Work"

Thanks

Welcome to the guild, perkusic!
    As far as I know you can send a PM when you have five posts. 2 posts more and you can ask RecklessEnthusiasm directly

Blog Entries

Most folks use Gimp or Photoshop, but there are tons of exceptions and some absolute masters at just about any useful tool, CC3 included.
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Ok guys... thanks... for all the help...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast