Thread: Hi there!

Post Hi there!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I can hardly believe that this site exists - the things you guys are doing are extremely awesome and inspiring. It's a rare thing to find a mature group of people on the internet who share my passions.

I've been drawing maps by hand since I was a youngster, mainly in a rough sketchy mode - just detailed enough to get a good idea of what the world is like - and although I think I've gotten a bit better at it, I don't have anything near the amount of polish I see in some of these threads. I'm intimidated just a bit by all the software methods you guys use to make things look pretty and realistic, but seeing all these amazing projects is already inspiring me to branch out a bit and learn to do things in a different way.

I look forward to sharing with you guys and working on improving my craft.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It is kind of intimidating at first given the massive amount of talent here by many people, but when you start to talk to everyone you realize how nice they are and that they really want to help each other improve. Check out the tutorial section for a jump-start, and don't forget the search bar in the upper-righthand corner of the page. There are some amazing tutorials that are buried a bit because no one has commented on them in awhile.

Welcome to the guild!

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

welcome to the guild... and when you're done with tutorials and ready to map - post in the WIP threads for help and critique
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Blog Entries

It's all magic until you learn the tricks. That said, I'm still learning which is more of a feature than a bug. Welcome to the guild!
    ----------
    My Deviant Art Map Gallery

Welcome to the Guild!!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave