Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Stables WIP

You might want to make some of that stuff as objects. At least in Maptools some items can be manipulated. A pitch fork could be used as a weapon, Horseshoes could be used as thrown projectiles. I'm still learning the VTT stuff myself so not sure what all matters, maybe some of the more seasoned VTT guys can tell us both. Still, since you are making all the items yourself I don't see it hurting to create them as individual .png files because then folks can place them wherever they want them AND can even use them in other maps they create, thus expanding the usefulness of your project. At least that's what I think. The items all look very good to me.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Sounds like you've had horses there Mid.
    Nope, but I read voraciously, and stableboys and blacksmiths are common fare. I've ridden a horse a time or two, but I have never spent all that much time around them or in stables.

Mounting blocks. This isn't a livery stable, but if it were, there would be a rack for barding and possibly a hoist to lift the armored knight onto his mount.

Glad I could help. If you want it, here's a quick-and-dirty hook object. This image is released to the public domain. It's not perfect—for one thing, the profiles of the bend and the end are different. You could possibly make one that is mounted slightly crooked, to make it more obvious what it is, although at the tiny scale you'll be using, it may not make much of a difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	metalHook.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	26598  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yeah.. I'd just make a hook as a square sticking out of the wall too (with a rounded end) - and tack is equipment for riding : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_tack
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

*** GRRRRRRR blowing up my posts with database errors ******

2nd try:

You got me to wondering how I might capture the look of a hook, hehe that rhymes. Anyway I put it in the elements section in case anyone cared to use it or check it out.

Behold: A hook, a hook or a double hook
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon;118949You got me to wondering how I might capture the look of a hook, hehe that rhymes. Anyway I put it in the elements section in case anyone cared to use it or check it out.
    Behold: [URL="http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?11020-Double-Hook-for-hanging-things&p=118948#post118948"
    A hook, a hook or a double hook[/URL]
    you sure hooked me, I had to take a look at that hook, it wasn't so my world shook, but was right by the book
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

This thread is going in a lyrical direction that I had not anticipated but fully approve of.

Jaxilion my co-posting friend,
    whose mapping prowess I respect to no end,
    I do love that hook,
    it is just the right look,
    Rep, right your way, I shall send.

Tilt, just look what you've done,
    this terrible trend you've begun,
    Now I may have to rhyme
    each and every time
    I post a map or comment on one.

Blog Entries

I'm sitting an lol'ing a lot
    and giving your rhyming a shot
    now to stop my mouth flapping
    I should get back to mapping
    even though I think its way to hot
    regs tilt

He's an English teacher Tilt, it'll never end - ROFL

Blog Entries

hmmm... I'll have to continue in Danish when I run out of words then *lol*
    regs tilt

Other languages are not allowed,
    for otherwise I don't know how'd
    we enjoy your sweet song,
    or attempt to sing along,
    as a linguistically limited crowd.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast