Thread: East Tower

Guild Novice

Wip East Tower

This map is taking form now, but a lot of labels are still missing.

But before I begin with the labels, I'd like to know if the map is acceptable or needs a lot of improvement. Comments?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	East Tower PB.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	3.79 MB 
ID:	26565  
    Marcelo Frossard Paschoalin
    Brazilian novelist and RPG writer

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

the houses are a little blurry and they are a little far apart for a standard medieval town - those tend to be more tightly packed
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Journeyer

I agree with tilt kinda blurry upclose but good from about 50% depends on what you want to use it for and your theme

Guild Novice

The final image will be printed on a Letter sized paper. I imagined the houses wouldn't become that blurry on paper, but haven't tried printing the file yet.

About the house distance, it's a farming town, so I've thought about keeping them more spaced... Do you think I went too far on that?
    Marcelo Frossard Paschoalin
    Brazilian novelist and RPG writer

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

farms are typically single houses outside of town - although a few houses can lie close to one another. But the town itself would be close nit - no reason not to build close to one another, sometimes people used an existing house as the first wall for their own ... its easier to get around, and also seems more secure.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Unless the land has been peaceful for a long time, in which case spreading out to protect against fires would make sense. Medieval cities had a lot of problems related to their crowding; if spreading out were a practical option, it would be worthwhile. Also, it looks like security isn't their big concern... most of the buildings are outside what walls there are and density is even less inside the walls. Which would fit if the walls were essentially symbolic and placed around the "official" buildings of government, religion, and whatever other powers might be in place.