Thread: Need Map Edited

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need Map Edited

A while ago, I had a member of the guild create myself a marvelous map. I thoroughly enjoy the map, but I should have thought ahead when I requested the map to be made. When I did request that it be made, I had the names of the regions of my map put into the map. I'd like to have a blank map so that I can identify other areas in my map. When I want to show a portion of the map (such as when a user gets a closer view), I don't want them to see the text from another region. I'd also like to show city marks as a user zooms in on my map (removing the regional texts).

I'm not requesting a guild member do all that, just to remove the current text from my map (if possible) to where there is no text on the map. I'll provide the map below. If its simple to do, I'd prefer to get it done for free; however, I can pay for this service if necessary. If it can't be salvaged as is (seeing as its not .psd format), I would gladly pay someone to recreate the map granted they keep the style the same. If you have a cost for this, please PM me and I will get back to you if the price is affordable.

Thanks in advance!

World Map
    Last edited by Karthis; 07-03-2010 at 06:59 AM.

Have you tried sending a pm or email to the person who made the map for you? If he/she still has the files it would be a matter of a couple of minutes work for them assuming they've got the coastline shapes on a layer.

I did, but they've stated they wouldn't be able to do it due to personal reasons. I've tried to do it in Photoshop myself, just not too much of a design wiz and it failed horribly.

I could always pay for a complete remake of the map, just I'd like to keep the style and look of the map as much as is possible.

Is that available in Photoshop 7? I'm not using the latest, since this one was free (and I can't afford to pay for a new version as of now lol).

*EDIT*

Thanks a ton, I found the tool and it works perfect. Is there anyone here who might tell me how much making another map like this would cost? I plan to have 5/6 made (different maps) and I'd love for the guild to do it (seeing as you are map enthusiasts).
    Last edited by Karthis; 07-04-2010 at 07:10 AM.

Karthis - I am itching to do paid commissions. If something like this or this style interests you, you can contact me through my profile page--I'd be interested in doing your maps.

These are pretty easy maps to do, Karthis - if you have ps7 you could make them yourself (after you've done the first one each will take you about 10-15 mins).

I'd be happy to do them for you in return for you making a donation to the guild to an amount of your choosing.

@Reckless - I'll send you a PM.

@ravells - I donated hours ago . I had planned to do it once I had earned some income. I'm going to have Reckless make some very good maps with landscapes and the like, but I could use some maps similar to my current one if you wouldn't mind making them. I'd be happy to place another donation to the guild as well.
    Last edited by Karthis; 07-04-2010 at 08:18 AM.